Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Surgery #2


Had surgery #2 yesterday. Yesterday itself wasn’t too bad, but now that the anesthesia’s worn off and I’m just sitting around, yeah, I can feel it. Even with painkillers, it feels like someone just drilled holes into my bones.

I was able to keep the screws they took out of me.



As a friend of mine said yesterday, it looks like they just picked a couple of screws off the shelf at Home Depot.

Fortunate to have a great law partner covering for me at work and a great wife covering for me at home. And I’m already weight bearing, so I can get food and water for myself and handle basic chores. Just kind of a mental challenge to go back into the boot after a few weeks without it.

More than anything, just content to have the last of the major obstacles (knock on wood) to recovery in the rear view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment