Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February Deets

204 miles with about 17k of gain on the month. 

A couple of hiccups held me back this month. 

Felt some strain in the lower-back of the hamstring mid-month that caused me to cut a couple of workouts short. Doesn’t really bother me on long or easy runs. Bothered me on a couple of consecutive workouts, though. Took it easy for a while and then I had a couple of good sessions at the end of the month. So hopefully that’s over with.

And I got a stomach bug mid-month. 

The hamstring didn’t force me to miss any time, just take it easy. But the stomach bug knocked me out for a couple of days, which was why mileage was a bit lower this month.  That, and the fact that there are fewer days in February. 

Still a steady month in terms of training. No breakthrough or drop offs. Just steady stuff. 

Some of the locals are doing some crazy mileage, workouts, and prep for the Run Through Time. I suspect there’s going to be a stronger-than-usual presence at the top of the podium with local runners for both the marathon and the half this year. Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment